Subject: Re: [PORTS] Re: ps and psql from PostgreSQL not working with cygwin-1.1.5-2
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:52:35 -0500

This problem was introduced sometime between the 10/22/00 and 10/23/00
snapshots, since the DLL from the former does not exhibit the problem
and the latter does.  Reading the ChangeLog, I conclude (possibly
erroneously) that the following are the most likely candidates:

Mon Oct 23 22:27:00 2000  Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>

    * fhandler.cc (fhandler_base::fcntl): Setting flags in F_SETFL
    branch according to Linux documentation.

Mon Oct 23 21:43:00 2000  Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>

    * fcntl.cc (_fcntl): Rearrange as wrapper function. Move all
    functionality except F_DUPFD to fhandler classes.
    * fhandler.cc (fhandler_base::fcntl): New method.
    * net.cc (fhandler_socket::fcntl): Ditto.
    * fhandler.h (class fhandler_base): Add method prototype for fcntl().
    (class fhandler_socket): Ditto.

I tried to figure out exactly what the problem was, but so far I have
been unsuccessful.  Hopefully, the above will help those more intimate
with the code to locate and fix the problem.

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]