Subject: Re: ps and psql from PostgreSQL not working with cygwin-1.1.5-2
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:10:45 -0500

Chris,

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 11:48:31AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I can't duplicate the ps problem and I don't use psql.exe so, unless someone
> can debug this, or provide more details, this will be a problem that is in
> 1.1.5.

Here is the requested details regarding the psql.exe problem.  There is
difference in how non-blocking socket connects (i.e. using fcntl to
set O_NONBLOCK) are handled in 1.1.4 and 1.1.5-3.  Specifically, in
1.1.4 connect returns 0, while in 1.1.5-3 connect returns -1 with errno
set to EAGAIN (i.e. No more processes).  BTW, by reading the Solaris
man page for connect, 1.1.4 may not have got it quite right either.
connect should return -1 with errno set to EINPROGRESS for non-blocking
connects that cannot be established immediately.

Attached is code to duplicate the problem.  Try running the client on a
1.1.5-3 machine, the server can run on any machine:

    $ server -p 13131&
    $ client -h <YourServerHostName> -p 13131

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]