Subject: RE: setup.exe aborting at the end of an update
From: "Andre Oliveira da Costa" <[email-masked]>
To: "DJ Delorie" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:38:52 -0200

> In with the cygwin sources - http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cvs.html

Ok. Is through CVS the only way to get it?

> No!  I only use VC to edit the dialogs.  I use cygwin to build it,
> with -mno-cygwin.

Ah! That sounds *much* better ;)

> Right.  It stores the files on your local disk, and compares the sizes
> with the ones listed in setup.ini.  If the right file is there, and
> it's the right size, it doesn't download it again.

I searched for setup.ini on my C:\ drive, but only found some from
InstallShield, and one obscure c:\mspclnt\setupbin. Where is Cygwin's
setup.ini located?

> Have you tried installing from that directory on your hard disk?  If
> that works, it might be a clue.

I copied setup.exe to the c:\cygwin\etc\setup, where the tarballs were
copied to, and tried to run it from there. When I choose "Install from
current dir", setup reports "nothing to install/update". Obviously, I'm
doing something wrong... what's the trick?

BTW: is there any setup FAQ somewhere? This could prevent me from bugging
you continuously...

Best,

Andre Costa

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]