Subject: RE: setup.exe aborting at the end of an update
From: "Andre Oliveira da Costa" <[email-masked]>
To: "DJ Delorie" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:38:00 -0200

> No!  Sending to the list is best.

Got it.

> This usually means someone passed bogus pointers to a system DLL, and
> the system DLL wasn't smart enough to notice.  If you could build
> setup with "-g", run it under the debugger, and see where in setup it
> dies, that might help.

Where are the sources? I remember once reading on the mailing list that you
use VisualC++ to build it, right? I am both ashamed and proud to say that my
experience with VC++ is close to null... ;) However, I've compiled
somethings a couple of times already, so I might be able to give you
productive feedback afterwards.

Some additional information: setup.exe correctly identifies that I've
already downloaded the packages. Further attempts to run setup.exe skip the
download phase, going directly to the install phase (and failing exactly the
same way).

Best,

Andre Costa

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]