Subject: GPF error building Perl 5.6
From: "David A Ireland" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:03:20 +1100

I'm trying to build Perl 5.6 onto my newly installed version 1.1.4 of Cygwin
(downloaded yesterday). Using CygUtils Perl 5.6 source code. Running on
Windows 98 se.

Everything goes fine until 'make test'. It almost completes and gets to
"Everything is up to date. 'make test' to run test suite."

then "Signal 127" followed by a Windows GPF:

PERL caused an invalid page fault in module CYGWIN1.DLL at 1067:610446f6

make: *** [install.perl] Error 255

'make install' and 'make install.html' give a similar error.

I've uninstalled  and re-installed Cygwin three times now and been through
all the FAQs and Archives, but no help.

The reason I'm installing Perl from the source is because the CygUtils
binary version seems to have problems adding new modules (more GPF errors
and missing cygutil files).

Any suggestions?

All I want to do is run Perl in a stable environment that ActiveState Perl
isn't.

David Ireland

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]