Subject: tar question...followup
From: jean-hugues zorio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:49:36 +0200

Hello,

thanks to Don Sharp for his very prompt reply to my question (about
using tar to access an SCSI DAT drive on NT), but I need a bit more
explanations.

The problem is when mouting the NT tape path.

It doesn't work, but I don't know if it's due to a syntax problem with
mount, or an invalid NT path.

Can someone confirm to me that the drive path is something like
\Device\ScsiPort3.Raw ?

If not, what *is* an NT drive path ?

If yes, then I  have a problem with the syntax, as if I try something
like:
      mount \Device\ScsiPort3.Raw /dev/rmt
I receive an error (/dev/rmt is invalid, or something like that),
an if I put quotes (") arount \Device... , then it seems mount doesn't
complain even if the path is a pure fantasy (but, of course, mt fails
afterwards (and fails even when the path is supposedly correct)).

I've also tried to double the baclslashes, but it the same as using the
quotes (the shell doesn't interfere, but the command doesn't work
either).

So if someone has any idea, or better, if one can send me (or post) the
sequence of
commands to use (mount, mt, tar.... why not mknod ?), I'd appreciate it
greatly.

Thanks a lot.

Jean-Hugues Zorio

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]