Subject: Re: unwanted compiler warnings with -pedantic
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:12:57 +0200

> Just as an exercise, try to come up with some way, in gcc, to represent
> a 64 bit integer which does not use 'long long'.  That will get rid of
> one of the warnings.

Liberal use of __extension__ has calmed the compiler so that even its
strictest mode doesn't complain (on Linux and for C++, haven't tried
anywhere else yet).  Something like `__extension__ typedef long long
foobar;'.  IIRC glibc headers use that a lot.

Whether or not it will be the right thing to use __extension__ all over
the place for system-interface stuff is altogether a different
question...  I guess if someone cares enough about those warnings they
could submit the patches to apply __extension__.

Cheers and hope this helps,
//lat
-- 
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends.  --Martin Luther King Jr.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]