Subject: tar question
From: jean-hugues zorio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:08:33 +0200

Hello,

I understand there's a port of tar in the 'latest' package.

Does this tar 'know' how to access tape drives (DAT actually) on the
SCSI bus (as /dev/rmt/... does not exist on the NT machine) ?

If yes what's the syntax (the FAQ refers to the general tar doc. on the
GNU site, which doesn't
specify anything for non-Unix systems).

If not, is there a tar available somewhere that will access a SCSI
DAT drive directly.

Free ?

Commercial ?

Thanks for any pointer.

Jean-Hugues Zorio

P.S. A few years ago, I had a DOS port of GNU-tar that used ASPI to
access SCSI tapes. One can hope things have only become better since...

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]