Subject: Re: CVS and Comments
From: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <[email-masked]>
To: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:10:28 -0400

At 14:59 10/23/2000 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

>You have to mount a /tmp directory that happens to be the same
>between cygwin and win32 - same drive, same path means same thing.
>Example:
>
>         mount d:/tmp /tmp

I have this. However, my data files are on an encrypted partition that gets 
mounted as "i:", and I can access in cygwin via /i or /mnt/i. I don't really 
want to keep a tmp directory on this partition, but it looks like emacs is 
trying with its "i:/tmp/cvs12..."

>(assuming your source area - where cvs is used - is on d: somewhere)

Nope, it's on i:.

>Me, I use vi for cvs comments - it knows where /tmp is - even though I
>use emacs for regular programming.

This seems like a good choice, but I'lve always had a block when it comes to 
vi, and emacs looks like over kill. I can get by with cvs commit -m 'foo' 
for the time being!

__
Joseph Reagle Jr.
W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:[email-masked]
IETF/W3C XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]