Subject: Re: [PORTS] [PATCH]: Building PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on Cygwin 1.1.4 (Take 2)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:44:53 -0400

Peter,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 07:13:05PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Jason Tishler writes:
> 
> > I was under the impression that my patch was being hand merged into the
> > CVS since the tree has changed since 7.0.2.
> 
> I was under the impression that part of your patch was going to abandon
> compatibility with Cygwin 1.0 and B20.

The above was certainly not my intention.  My patch only changed the
source just enough to get it to build with Cygwin 1.1.4 -- there were no
functional changes (except preventing the possible psql crashes).
Unfortunately I do not have any Cygwin 1.0 and b20 setups, so I can't
determine whether or not my patched version will build under those
environments.  If the source builds, then it should should function as
before.

Are there any kind souls out there still using Cygwin 1.0 or b20 and
willing to help?  If so, please apply my patch to PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and
then try to build it.  If it builds, then run the regression tests and
post the results.

> We can't do that.

I can appreciate the above, but I must point out the following:

    Cygnus no longer supports b20
    Cygnus no longer sells the Cygwin 1.0 CD

My suggestion (and hope) is that the current PostgreSQL CVS source should
build OOTB with a "current" Cygwin.  And that patches are produced for
the older Cygwin versions, if necessary.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]