Subject: RE: setup.exe incorrectly identifies build versions?
From: "John Pollock" <[email-masked]>
To: "DJ Delorie" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:14:23 -0400

>The "new GUI setup program" doesn't use the registry to remember
>what's installed.  It also doesn't expand version numbers like that;
>it would refer to it as bash-2.4.2.

Sorry, i was giving the version numbers as they appear in the registry, but
if the new setup keeps track of installed components in a db file, this
obviously wouldn't be the place to look to see what's installed.  So the
newer setup.exe keeps its info in /etc/setup/installed.db?  /etc/setup
doesn't exist on this machine that i just ran the new setup.exe on, although
/etc obviously does.  I'll try again with the newer setup on a clean machine
and see if i can reproduce the problem.

The reason i've been avoiding the newer setup is that it doesn't appear to
accept any command-line parameters, meaning i can't invoke it remotely; i
have to be at the console.  Are there hidden switches i don't know about, or
is this accurate?

Thanks much!
John

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]