Subject: Re: A standard bug-reporting program for cygwin
From: Ross Smith <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:07:28 +1300

Chris Faylor wrote:
> 
> I was hoping that this might be a project that someone here would like to
> take on.
> 
> Anyone interested?

Yes, I'll give it a try. A couple of suggestions (that I'll include if
nobody points out why they're dumb ideas):

-- When they fill in the "what program?" field, it should check the
program name(s) supplied and include any details it can find out about
the executable (whether it exists, full path, size, date, output of
--version, are there any more of the same name later in the $PATH, etc).

-- As well as writing the output to a file, also save it to the
clipboard, so the user can just open a mail window and paste.

-- 
Ross Smith <[email-masked]> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand
========================================================================
"C++ is to programming as sex is to reproduction. Better ways might
technically exist but they're not nearly as much fun." -- Nikolai Irgens

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]