Subject: Re: distribution suggestion
From: Jasmin Patry <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:29:11 -0400

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 04:02:27PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Jasmin,
> 
> I see that you would like to use MinGW to build tuxracer.  Have you
> accomplished this before?  I.E. Does it work on WinNT 4 and not W2K?  Which
> were you using crtdll or msvcrt?

I used the mingw32 cross-compiler (running under Linux), which I
obtained from here:

    http://www.libsdl.org/Xmingw32/

Perhaps that version is out of date.  The resulting executables worked
fine under 98 (and NT, I think, though I didn't test that myself), but
either crashed on startup, or intermittently (it seemed to vary with
different builds of tuxracer) when run under w2k.  I'm not sure which of
crtdll or msvcrt I was using -- how can I tell?

Earlier attempts to compile under Win2k using -mno-cygwin resulted in
non-functional executables (they would bomb out right away with a status
access violation or some such thing -- it's been a while so I don't
remember).  Given the problems that arise with distributing the Cygwin
DLL, I'll renew my attempts at getting this to work.

Thanks,
Jasmin

--
Jasmin Patry                               Lead Programmer, Tux Racer
[email-masked]                   http://www.tuxracer.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]