Subject: Re: Solution: Exporting symbols from an executable
From: Venkat Iyer <[email-masked]>
To: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:11:50 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> > The main thing I was missing is that you HAVE to create a .exp file.
> > Since most other dlltool functionality is subsumed by ld, I wonder why
> > this isn't.  Or if there's some option that I couldn't figure out.
> 
> Setting up the exports is only done when building a dll (--shared).  I
> don't see why it couldn't be enabled for all cases, but usually exe's
> don't need one.

(Disclaimer: ) I haven't studied spec files, so I don't know much
about option processing.  

But if I were to add setting up exports even when doing an exe, would
that be done as

1. a command line option? 

2. in the code, where the default for a dll is to export everything,
   for an exe is to export nothing, and if there are explicit def files
   (or dllexports) then just do whatever is specified?

-- 
Regards
_______________________________________________________________________
Venkat Iyer       [email-masked]          Phone: 1-408-988-2988 x 136 
Comit Systems, Inc.   The Contract Engineering Company    www.comit.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]