Subject: Re: Newbie: W2K and Mounting problem.
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:51:59 -0400

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 03:45:58PM -0400, Furmaniuk, Michael wrote:
>
>  I've tried to figure it out and find a similar problem in the archives but
>couldn't.  I just recently installed Cygwin on Windows 2000 and it works
>well, however, when I try to mount one of my other drives and following the
>suggested formats such as "mount d:\ /d" all I get is the usage information
>on the mount command.  I've created the /d directory and even tried using
>the -su tags but I never get the mount to work.  Am I missing another tag or
>some syntax error?

Both the archives and the FAQ should state that if you are using backslash
style paths in a bash shell, you have to either do:

mount d:\\ /d

or

mount d:/ /d

This was actually mentioned within the last couple of days.

David, is this in the FAQ?  I couldn't find anything obvious.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]