Subject: Re: Cygwin RCS Build Instructions (or sometimes ash does not like a.out)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Markus Hoenicka <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:12:36 -0400

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 05:08:50PM +0000, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
> I just tried your build instructions but they seem to fail on my
> system.

Can anyone else confirm the above?  I just ate my own dog food (again)
and it still works.

> The problem is that patch claims that your second patch is a
> reverse patch.

I just verified that my patch.exe is the same as the one on a Cygwin
mirror.  Markus, please verify that your version of patch.exe is
current.

> If I leave out the second patch and copy bash to sh, everything builds
> fine (I have to ./configure --with-diffutils though, otherwise the
> diff test fails!?? or ln /usr/bin/diff.exe /usr/local/bin/diff.exe),
> but after installing make installtest fails :-(

I didn't need to configure --with-diffutils for make installcheck to
pass all of its tests.

> The other way is to leave out the first patch and just apply your second
> patch. This is ok (no reverse patch message). ./configure, make, make
> install are ok, but again make installtest aborts with an error.

I tried just using my patch (i.e., the second one) hoping the changes
from b20 to 1.1.4 would have obsoleted the original patch.  My findings
were that conf.sh failed during the mmap tests.  So, I concluded that
the first (i.e., original) patch was still needed.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]