Subject: Re: Exporting symbols from an executable
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:41:01 -0400

Chris,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:18:39PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:19:48PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> >BTW, does anyone know how to dump the exported symbols of a DLL/EXE using
> >one of the binutils tools?  That is, without resorting to using MS's dumpbin.
> 
> Does 'objdump -p' work for you?

Yes it does -- albeit, it bit noisier than dumpbin.

When I read the man page for objdump, the following description:

       --private-headers
              Print information that is specific  to  the  object
              file format.  The exact information printed depends
              upon the object file format.  For some object  file
              formats, no additional information is printed.

didn't quite jump out at me that this was the option for which I was
looking.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]