Subject: Re: download script
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:01:54 -0400

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 09:08:15PM -0230, Neil Zanella wrote:
> Download latest/byacc/byacc.tar.gz failed

I also had a similar experience as Neil's when I used the "Install from
Internet" option.  Using setup 2.19, I installed Cygwin on a Windows
98 machine for the first time.  The installation appeared to succeed
without any problems.  But, when I executed commands like cat, I got a
"command not found" error message from bash.

When I checked my setup.log, I discovered that about 5 packages failed
to download.  When I re-ran setup, it downloaded the missing packages
successfully this time.

Note that I am installing from a local mirror on our Intranet, so I
don't think that the download really failed.  Maybe setup thinks that
the download "failed" when it actually succeeded?

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]