Subject: RE: Linux Man Pages Tar Ball And Is RPM supported by CYGWIN
From: Evan McLean <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:56:56 +1100

>Also does cygwin support rpm?  If so could someone please direct me
>to information on that tool, i.e. where to get it, use it etc.?

<http://cygwin.cjb.net/>

The above contains a link for downloading RPM, plus a bunch of RPMs you can 
grab.

Be warned: The perl RPM is broken, and I have been unsuccessful in 
contacting the provider regarding this.  Don't bother downloading it.

Once you've downloaded and installed RPM, don't forget to run "rpm 
--initdb" to initialise your database.

You'll probably have to use the --ignoreos flag when installing RPMs 
(unless your running on NT I think).

Hope that gets you started.

E.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]