Subject: Re: -mno-cygwin question
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin Mailing <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:13:43 -0700

Cross posted to Mingw users mailing list.

On 3 Oct 2000, at 16:26, the Illustrious Tilman Utz wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've got a question concerning the mno-cygwin Flag.
> What I wanted to do:
> I have to write a program for win32 which relies on libraries
> written for gcc (these libraries contain some functions which can
> only be understood by gcc). I finally got the libs working, what
> I'd like to know now is, whether it would be possible to write
> programs not needing the cygwin dll. The mno-cygwin Flag I
> already tried out, but after reading Mumit Khan's HowTo it didn't
> work (maybe I didn't understand him properly, I'm a newbie on
> this issue). 

	I'm afraid we need more info.  -mno-cygwin, afaik, is supposed 
to eliminate dependency on cygwin.dll.  It was designed that 
way.

	In terms of "Mumit Khans HowTo", there is not enough 
information to give an accurate reply.

	In terms of writing programs which do not need the cygwin.dll, 
that is what mingw is all about.

	Again, more information is needed.

	Thanks,

		Paul G.

>So is it possible at all to link programs relying on
> libs as I described in a way, the .exe doesn't need the cygwin
> dll and if the information I gave is not enough, what else do you
> need?
> 
> Thanks in advance
> Tilman
> 
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to [email-masked]
> 

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]