Subject: Re: autoconf configure problems
From: [email-masked] (Michael Ring)
To: matighet <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 18:21:50 +0200

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:59:17 -0400, you wrote:

>uname -a yields
>
>CYGWIN_NT-4.0 GLOCKENSPIEL 1.1.2(0.21/3/2) 2000-06-06 22:20 i686 unknown
>
>
>Do you suggest that I nuke my whole cygwin installation and put it back
>from scratch?
>How do I get rid of all the registry entries from old installations ?
>
>Thanks for the help
>Michael
>
>

Another shot would be to make the /g - Mount point a binary
mountpoint.

Sometimes configure scripts behave somewhat stange if they are started
on a text-mounted filesystem. 

As your mounts for /usr/bin & /usr/lib are also missing I would
recommend the following:

put /g in binmode
delete the source-package and do a 'tar zxvf PACKAGE.tar.gz' just to
make sure that all files are binary now. 

try to configure ....

if it does not work:

update cygwin to latest release

try with /g in binmode

then revert /g to textmode & try again.

Cheers,

Michael

Ah yes, sometimes configure-scripts leave config.log files in the
directory where they were started in, have a look at the file, perhaps
the information in config.log helps to solve the problem.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]