Subject: Re: FWD: Re: A few problems with installing perl5...
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:43:25 -0400

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 12:36:54AM -0400, luip wrote:
>Well..... Chuck, right here: http://cygwin-rpm.sourceforge.net/
>
>If anyone has any actual help to provide besides message board ethics,
>I'd be most thankful.  I'm running cygwin on top of win98 by the way.

Well, in this case the "message board ethics" are the correct response.
Going to the source for help makes a lot of sense.  The cygwin mailing
list has nothing to do with these packages.  They are apparently
maintained by [email-masked] .

I imagine that he has a lot more of a clue as to what they do and what
problems there are than random people on this mailing list.

cgf

>------Original Message------ From: "Charles S.  Wilson"
><[email-masked]> To: luip <[email-masked]> Sent:
>October 2, 2000 4:18:03 AM GMT Subject: Re: A few problems with
>installing perl5...
>
>
>So, you are installing a perl rpm.  Who provided it?  Neither perl nor
>rpm are part of the default cygwin install.  You really should seek
>help first from whomever provided the packages you are using.  No one
>on this list knows what funky things some random packager 'out there on
>the net' did, in order to provide a perl rpm.
>
>--Chuck
>
>
>luip wrote:
>>
>>When I tried installing perl I got this after a load of "group None
>>does not exist - using root" vomit:
>>
>>unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic 0 [main] RPM 1028
>>handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION 1402 [main] RPM
>>1028 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to RPM.EXE.stackdump Segmentation
>>fault (core dumped)
>>
>>I ran: rpm -i --ignoreos perl-5.6.0-cygwin1.1.rpm
>>
>>Also ran rpm with the verbose switch and nothing seemed wrong, until
>>rpm got done creating things & started the preinstall script.
>>
>>______________________________________________ FREE Personalized Email
>>at Mail.com Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>>
>>-- Want to unsubscribe from this list?  Send a message to
>>[email-masked]
>
>______________________________________________ FREE Personalized Email
>at Mail.com Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
>______________________________________________ FREE Personalized Email
>at Mail.com Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
>
>-- Want to unsubscribe from this list?  Send a message to
>[email-masked]

-- 
[email-masked]                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/         http://www.redhat.com/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]