Subject: Re: Binary package CVS using OpenSSH hang under Win98...
From: Richard Kim <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:19:24 -0700

>>>>> "CW" == Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

    CW> Since cvs and ssh are both cygwin apps, you *may*
    CW> get better results using a unixy path for the HOME
    CW> variable; that is, assuming c:\cygwin is mounted as
    CW> '/', try setting HOME=/home/friar.  I'm shooting in
    CW> the dark here, but I seem to recall some
    CW> console-IO/tty issues; do you get better performance
    CW> running cvs under a bash shell rather than cmd.exe ?

As someone else reported, cvs (when used with ssh) does not
finish under Win98 regardless of whether the cvs command is
run under command.com, bash, or within GNU Emacs 20.7 via
pcl-cvs. It simply does not finish.  You have to kill the
cvs process by Control-C or some other means.  Cvs seems to
do what was asked of it though before hanging, i.e., checkin
checkout operations are performed successfully.

Win2k does not suffer from this problem. I use
emacs/pcl-cvs/cvs/ssh everyday to access my cvs database on
a linux server from a win2k client. It is much more painful
to use the same tools in win98 due to the hanging
problem. Has *anyone* been able to use cvs and ssh without
the hanging problem under Win98?

Note that on my Win98 laptop which exhibits the hanging
behavior, HOME is set to "c:/ryk". Under bash, "echo $HOME"
outputs /cygdrive/c/ryk.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]