Subject: Is __imp_reent_data Deprecated? (a.k.a Problem #3 Building Cygwin PostgreSQL)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:37:15 -0400

While building PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on a stock Cygwin 1.1.4, I had problems
during the linking phase because of the attached file contributed by Mumit
Khan.  Specifically, I had an undefined reference to '__imp_reent_data'
due to the following line:

    _impure_ptr = __imp_reent_data;

Reading the comments, I can only assume that '__imp_reent_data' is a
vestige of b19.  If so, what is the appropriate analog for the Net
release?

BTW, searching the archives I found exactly the same problem as
documented by:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg00629.html

Unfortunately, there was no response to this post.  Hopefully, I will
be more fortunate.  At least, I can try, try again...

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]