Subject: Problem Building Cygwin PostgreSQL
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:55:38 -0400

I am attempting to build PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on a stock Cygwin 1.1.4
distribution.  When building plpgsql.dll, I get the following error:

    dllwrap -o plpgsql.dll --dllname plpgsql.dll --def plpgsql.def \
    pl_parse.o pl_han dler.o pl_comp.o pl_exec.o pl_funcs.o \
    ../../../utils/dllinit.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib \
    -L../../../backend -lpostgres -lcygipc -lcygwin -lcrypt -lkernel32
    pl_exec.o(.text+0x1e56):pl_exec.c: undefined reference to `fmgr_pl_finfo'
    pl_exec.o(.text+0x32a1):pl_exec.c: undefined reference to `fmgr_pl_finfo'
    pl_exec.o(.text+0x32bd):pl_exec.c: undefined reference to `fmgr_pl_finfo'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Searching the Net, I found the following on the pgsql-ports list:

    http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-ports/2000-08/msg00045.html

which demonstrates that at least one other person had exactly the same
problem.  Unfortunately, the solution given was not applicable.

Has anyone been successful building a Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.0.2?  If so,
what is the solution to the above problem?

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]