Subject: Re: OpenGL & Cygwin: undefined reference to glGetString()???
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:24:18 -0400

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:45:39AM -0400, Andre Bleau wrote:
>Find the file GL/gl.h
>change the line
>extern const GLubyte * glGetString (GLenum name);
>to
>extern const APIENTRY GLubyte * glGetString (GLenum name);
>
>I send a fixed opengl package some weeks ago to be added to the 
>distribution of Cygwin. Setup doesn't seem to support it anymore, but you 
>may still find it at
>ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/latest/opengl/opengl-1.1.0-1.tar.gz

I do see an opengl-1.1.0-1.tar.gz in the latest/opengl directory that is
NEWER than the previous opengl-1.2.1-1.tar.gz.  I remember that DJ put
this file in the latest directory but I didn't notice that the version
was older than the previous version.

This will undoubtedly generate a lot of confusion.  I've removed the
directory until this is sorted out.

I think that the best plan now if for you, or someone, to make a version
of the library available somewhere besides sources.redhat.com and let
people try it for a while.  Once it looks like everything is working
correctly we can look into reinstating it in latest/opengl.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]