Subject: Re: bash wrapping problem
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:11:42 -0400

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 05:21:59PM +0200, Andreas Eibach wrote:
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Ed Hourigan" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 8:08 PM
>Subject: bash wrapping problem
>
>
>> Hi - just upgraded to cygwin latest and greatest.  I have a minor
>> (and annoying) issue.  In bash, if I do an ls, the output all goes
>> on one line -- i.e no CR/LF.  I have to enter the clear
>> command to fix the error.  This only seems to happen if the directory
>> has "a lot" of files in it.  My monitor is only 15 inches.  Do I need to
>> configure bash for smaller screens?
>
>the same bug occurs if you TEMPORARILY quit cygwin bash to Win9X and
>relaunch it with the icon in the taskbar.

What does it mean to "TEMPORARILY quit" cygwin bash?  Are you saying that
you minimize the window and then restore it by clicking on the icon?
Are you clicking on another window and then clicking on the icon to
gain focus in the cygwin bash window?

It would be instructive to see the output of "cygcheck -r -s -v" and
of "cygcheck ls".  Apologies if you've already sent this but I suspect
that you haven't sent "cygcheck ls", at least.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]