Subject: Re: Current Directory? [Branch from Re: DLL naming conventions]
From: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:33:33 -0700

Chris Faylor wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 06:22:18PM -0400, David A. Cobb wrote:
> >Chris Faylor wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 11:19:25PM +0100, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> >> >> Since windows-dll

---

> 
> As far as what the "current directory" means, it means the directory
> you're cd'ed to.
> 
> cgf

I'd like to expand on this, hopefully to add clarity.  The above is
absolutely correct, for an interactive foreground shell session. 
Another way to say it is that the "current directory" is what you would
get if you were to open the file named "." (dot, period...) in an
application (which includes the shells).

Additionally, since any particular application may be run in the
background, and may also change directory, it is possible to have
several "current directories", depending on which of the running
applications you are referring to.

-- 
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]