Subject: Re: BASH issues
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:01:43 -0400

Just a couple of observations:

1) If it isn't clear, cygwin is currently in use by thousands of people.
   AFAIK, none of them have reported problems where "echo seems to be
   turned off".  That means that we need a lot more details.  The first
   thing would be the output of 'cygcheck -r -s -v'.

2) I'm probably remarkably ignorant, but I don't know what the "Whistler
   beta program" is.

3) You managed to find the cygwin mailing list.  I assume that you did this
   via the cygwin web page at "sources.redhat.com/cygwin/".  Is this correct?
   If so, could you tell me what was unclear about the statement:
   "Please send cygwin-related questions and observations to the
   Cygwin Mailing List." ?  I don't really understand your quandry.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager
(Don't send bug reports to me directly.  Please use the mailing list)

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 06:50:23AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>If you have problems with Cygwin then [email-masked] is the place to
>ask.  Your particular problems sounds to me as if the terminal is receiving
>some binary data that causes echo to be turned off.  See `info stty' for echo
>control options.
>--- [email-masked] wrote:
>> 
>>Is any of you on the Whistler beta program?  (geez, maybe I'll fix the
>>subject heading this time.) BASH runs ok for a while but it gets into a
>>state where echo seems to be turned off and nothing useful can be done.
>>I haven't played with it enough to truely characterize the issue.  Even
>>if I can describe it in great detail, I am in a quandry about to whom
>>to report this.
>>
>>Where are you folks?  Have you "applied" to get on the Whistler beta
>>program?

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]