Subject: DLL Helpers v0.2.5
From: Helge Hess <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:45:31 +0200

Hi,

are the 'DLL Helpers v0.2.5' supposed to work with the latest Cygwin
release as available from the Cygnus WebSite (using this new Net-Setup
thing) ?
I did a fresh install of it and cannot get DLLs working anymore (I had
some makefiles myself which do not work anymore and dllhelpers don't
work either ..)

Some logs are below, I guess the problem is the ld warning about the
entry point, but I don't know what to do against it.

When I start usedll I get a Windows error panel (in German) basically
saying that the cdll.dll is not correctly programmed and that the
stackpointer is passed in an inconsistent state. It says further that
the entrypoint should be defined as WINAPI or STDCALL. Then I can choose
to continue or to abort where continue leads to a program stop ...

Thanks for any suggestion,
  Helge

ps: all this is on NT4, SP6.

Compilation:
---snip---
helge@DOGBERT ~/ddev/dllhelpers-0.2.5/c
$ ./makeit.bat

C:\cygwin\home\helge\ddev\dllhelpers-0.2.5\c>gcc -c -DBUILDING_DLL=1 -I.
-g -Wall  -o cdll.o cdll.c

C:\cygwin\home\helge\ddev\dllhelpers-0.2.5\c>gcc -c -DBUILDING_DLL=1 -I.
-g -Wall  -o dllinit.o dlli
nit.c

C:\cygwin\home\helge\ddev\dllhelpers-0.2.5\c>dllwrap --export-all
--output-def cdll.def --implib lib
cdll.a -o cdll.dll cdll.o dllinit.o
dllwrap: no export definition file provided
dllwrap: creating one, but that may not be what you want
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 6c501000
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 6c501000
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 6c501000

C:\cygwin\home\helge\ddev\dllhelpers-0.2.5\c>gcc -c -I. -g -Wall  -o
usedll.o usedll.c

C:\cygwin\home\helge\ddev\dllhelpers-0.2.5\c>dllwrap --export-all
--output-def cdll.def --implib lib
cdll.a -o cdll.dll cdll.o dllinit.o
dllwrap: no export definition file provided
dllwrap: creating one, but that may not be what you want
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 6c501000
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 6c501000
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 6c501000

C:\cygwin\home\helge\ddev\dllhelpers-0.2.5\c>gcc -o usedll.exe -g
-Wall   usedll.o -L./ -lcdll

helge@DOGBERT ~/ddev/dllhelpers-0.2.5/c
$
---snap---

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]