Subject: Re: DLL naming conventions
From: Alexandre Oliva <[email-masked]>
To: "Gary V. Vaughan" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 03 Sep 2000 16:39:51 -0300

On Sep  3, 2000, "Gary V. Vaughan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   * When installing a libtool (.la) library:
>       - libfoo.la goes to $prefix/lib
>       - libfoo<iface>.dll goes to $prefix/bin
>       - libfoo.dll.a goes to $prefix/lib
>       - libfoo.a goes to $prefix/lib
      
Nope.  libfoo.la goes wherever -rpath specified when the library was
created; it should be the same directory that is specified at install
time.  This is often $(libdir), but it doesn't have to be.

I don't know how to arrange for an additional directory (bindir) to
be specifiable without introducing an additional command-line option.
Remember, libtool doesn't know about prefix, libdir or bindir, it just
knows about what it's given in the command line.

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]