Subject: Problem building native GCC 2.95.2 within Cygwin 1.1.4
From: "Dennis Moolenaar x5289" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:54:45 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to build GCC 2.95.2 (from gcc-2.95.2-2-src.tar.gz) on Cygwin 1.1.4.
This works but the resulting compiler generates different code than the gcc
compiler which comes with Cygwin 1.1.4. Both compile the same file with
the same options(-march=i486 -O3 -S etc....) So far the difference seems to be
scheduling but it impact performance.

Could someone tell me how I can build exactly the same compiler as shipped with
Cygwin 1.1.4.

Reason for this is that I have a different x86 architecture and I want to tweak
the 386.md file a tiny bit but this is meaningless if the resulting code is not
comparable
with the 'original' gcc...................

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Dennis

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]