Subject: /dev/pty(m|s) ?
From: Ondrej Popp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:23:37 +0200

Hi,
I have been scanning the archives and have found some messages about
porting
the /dev/pty[ms] drivers to cygwin. What is the current status status of
that,
as I am trying to port an application form unix to cygwin that depends
on those drivers.
This application utilizes the pseudo terminal driver in combination with
the -Sccn option
of Xterm to read and write to additional xterm windows. 

Is there also some info somewhere how cygwin handles the /dev drivers as
there is no
/dev directory with cygwin, but it seems to work. At least I can see
/dev/tty works. Is there an API so you can write your own drivers, and
does cygwin also utilize the mknod mechanism with major and minor
numbers or does it work completely different?

regards,
Ondrej

-- 
         ________________________________________________________ 
        |                                                        |       
        |                                                        |       
        |   http://www.penguinpowered.com/~ondrej                | 
        |                                                        |       
     _  |                                                        |  _    
    / ) |                                                        | ( \   
  _( (_ |  _              E-mail: [email-masked]   _  | _) )_ 
 (((\ \)|_/ )________________________________________________( \_|(/
/)))
  \\\\ \_/ /                                                  \ \_/ //// 
   \      /                                                    \      /  
    \   _/                                                      \_   /   
    /__/                                                          \__\

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]