Subject: Re: pthreads ?
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:56:57 -0400

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 10:49:10AM -0700, Scott Dudley wrote:
>
>i just downloaded and installed cygwin32 a week or so ago and am loving
>it!  i've thus far experienced little difficulty migrating software from
>unix to nt.  i have however a couple of questions.  any idea when
>popen() will be implemented ( i use it heavily) and what about pthreads
>support?  i have a threaded app that i was going to attempt to migrate
>but don't see the lib anywhere.

popen *is* implemented.

There is already limited pthreads support.

Unfortunately, the only documentation for it is in the kernel.

We are looking for volunteers to augment pthreads but, so far, we have
lots of interest in using pthreads but little interest in augmenting
what's there.

Which is standard for cygwin, I guess...

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]