Subject: Re: New setup.exe 2.3 - how to select what to install?
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:08:14 -0400

Robert Mecklenburg wrote:
> 
> DJ> The first column is supposed to be the already-installed version.  The
> DJ> middle (second) column is supposed to cycle among the versions that
> DJ> are available to be installed, or "keep" and later "uninstall".
> DJ> ...
> DJ> I don't know.  It's not supposed to, unless you deleted
> DJ> /etc/setup/installed.db or selected a different installation
> DJ> directory.
> DJ> ...
> DJ> If more than one version are available (this has never happened yet)
> DJ> then the second column would cycle between "keep" and *all* the
> DJ> available versions.
> 
> Hmmm, I feel like a complete dope for asking, but *how* do I select
> these items.  I've just downloaded setup.exe into d:/tmp (which was
> completely empty) and executed it.

When you download into the "completely empty" directory, I think.  I
know that used to be the rule but not, I guess, any more.

On my machine the setup leaves all those tar.gz files in a tree
beginning where it (setup) resides.  I have, e.g.
"E:/Cygwin_install/latest" and "./contrib" branches.  Perhaps you've
lost something.

Or, perhaps, I didn't clean up something I should have!

-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"Don't buy or use crappy software"
"By the grace of God I am a Christian man, 
 by my actions a great sinner" -- The Way of a Pilgrim [R. M. French,
tr.]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]