Subject: Deprecating Automount (was Re: Why not mount / at C: ?)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:57:50 -0400

Earnie,

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 04:54:35AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> I'm beginning to think that it would be best to not support unmounted drives
> in the Cygwin environment.  It gets far to confusing and there are solutions
> around not having the support.  Saying this, IMO, we should deprecate the
> unmounted drives support.  What do you think?

Sorry but I disagree.  I think that the automount feature is very
useful and should not be deprecated.  For example, I really like being
able to access a mounted share as /cygdrive/X (where X is the associated
drive letter) and my floppy drive as /cygdrive/A without cluttering up my
mount table.

However, I must admit that I'm biased since I contributed a patch to
enhance Cygwin's automount feature...

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]