Subject: Re: Cywing Instalation
From: "Tim Prince" <[email-masked]>
To: "Nicholas James" <[email-masked]>, "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:12:32 -0700

In order to force re-install of an individual component, remove the
corresponding line from /etc/setup/installed.db and run setup.  If you
had something running (or hung) under cygwin, making your old
cygwin1.dll busy, that might prevent that part of the installation from
completing correctly.  As the instructions say, don't run setup under a
cygwin shell.  I think it runs OK when invoked from the Windows GUI, as
well as from the recommended command prompt.

Tim Prince
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Nicholas James" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: Cywing Instalation

Yes, your installation although its unclear as to why.  See if you can
find
cygwin1.dll on your system.  If you do, then you know it was installed
and
where.  You want to make sure your path reflects that.  If its not,
install
again.  If nothing happens, it must be because the installation thinks
you
already installed it.  I believe there is a way to override this or to
otherwise convince setup that things aren't installed but I don't have
the
details of this.  Check the mail archives, since I know *something*
about
how to do this was mentioned.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

At 01:03 PM 8/21/2000, you wrote:
>I get the very same problem under Win98 SE.  Does anyone know what's
>wrong?
>
>Janusz Pawlicki wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need a help with installation of the cygwin.
> > I have a problem with running bash shell after cygwin installation.
It
> > complains that the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll could not be
found
> > in the specified path. I looked in the C:\cygwin\bin directory and
that
> > library is not there. I thought that it is going to be created
> > automatically after installation of cygwin with a setup.exe program.
The
> > installation was completed as the setup.exe said and the end of the
> > installation.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]