Subject: make and linefeed problem
From: [email-masked] (Pascal-Eric Servais)
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:10:02 -0400

The problem is that when my "Makefile" contains DOS type of linefeed, "make"
complains and doesn't run. ( But work very well with a Makefile with UNIX
type of linefeed ). Here is the message that it prints to the console :
"Makefile:2: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop."

I use make with Cygwin 1.1.0 on a Windows NT workstation.

Is there a path that exists for that application. The version I have is the
following :

$ > make --version
GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

---
Pascal-Eric Servais ( http://pages.infinit.net/denethor )
www.clickon.com
---
PGP Fingerprint : 8D0C FB66 CAF0 B9B3 E925  8D2E 7BDB 1D47 DC0B 4AEA
"La carte n'est pas le territoire", Alfred H. Korzybski

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]