Subject: Re: working around "more" (Was Re: what is my mistake?!!!!!)
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:55:27 -0800

Haven't looked at the code...but if it is indeed mixed between C 
and C++, you may need to set all of the "C" references (syntax, 
headers, functions) to "extern C", leaving the C++ as they 
are...just a thought...not sure this is a solution.  Finally, 
try setting your "make" compile variable (CXX?) to "c++" instead 
of "gcc".

	It is not at all unusual for assumptions to be made in such 
cases, considering that from a generic standpoint, gcc is 
supposed to automatically sense c++ code and adopt accordingly.  
I personally don't trust the compiler that far, so when I am 
compiling for a c++ app, I always find the (CXX) and (LINK) 
variables and set them both to "c++" or, as an alternative, 
"g++" when I am building c++ apps, or anything that includes c++ 
headers, syntax, etc.  This eliminates the assumption, at least 
from my standpoint, that anything compiled with "gcc" will 
automatically compile as "g++" or "c++" when .cxx/.cpp files are 
sensed.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]