Subject: Re: 2nd problem: cygwin and windows 2000
From: MarketLogix <[email-masked]>
To: "Consequator" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 06:50:25 -0700

Hey, is it just that you retyped wrong (vs. pasting)

BUT: cgywin != cygwin FROM:

c:\cgywin\bin       /usr/bin            system       textmode
c:\cgywin\lib       /usr/lib            system       textmode
c:\cgywin

?

bisk

Begin forwarded message:

Mailing-List: contact [email-masked]; run by ezmlm
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:cygwin-unsubscribe-mlx=[email-masked]>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Archive: <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]>,  
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/#faqs>
Sender: [email-masked]
From: "Consequator" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: 2nd problem: cygwin and windows 2000
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:37:23 +0200

BASH.EXE-2.04$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
c:\cgywin\bin       /usr/bin            system       textmode
c:\cgywin\lib       /usr/lib            system       textmode
c:\cgywin           /                   system       textmode
BASH.EXE-2.04$

they are there
the thing that it shows bash.ex-2.04 is also weird

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ring" <[email-masked]>
To: "Consequator" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: 2nd problem: cygwin and windows 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 13:42:00 +0200, you wrote:

>i tried that allready, didnt work
>it keeps saying it cant find /tmp
>

Could it be that your mount table is messed up after the upgradeto NT?

How does the output of mount look like?

Here's an example from my machine:

ring@BOWMAN{~} mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\Cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            system       binmode
C:\Cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            system       binmode
C:\Cygwin           /                   system       binmode
M:                  /home/ring          user         binmode
ring@BOWMAN{~}

At least the three C:\Cygwin lines must be present.

if not, you must create them manually with the commands:

mount -b -s C:\Cygwin /
mount -b -s C:\Cygwin\bin /usr/bin
mount -b -s C:\Cygwin\bin /usr/bin

The best way to do this is to start a cmd.exe , cd C:\Cygwin\bin

and then execute the commands.

After that Cygwin should start fine.

Another way to solve the problem is of course to re-install cygwin
with setup.exe.

Michael Ring

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]