Subject: Re: 2nd problem: cygwin and windows 2000
From: [email-masked] (Michael Ring)
To: "Consequator" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:33:37 +0200

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 13:42:00 +0200, you wrote:

>i tried that allready, didnt work
>it keeps saying it cant find /tmp
>

Could it be that your mount table is messed up after the upgradeto NT?

How does the output of mount look like?

Here's an example from my machine:

ring@BOWMAN{~} mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\Cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            system       binmode
C:\Cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            system       binmode
C:\Cygwin           /                   system       binmode
M:                  /home/ring          user         binmode
ring@BOWMAN{~}

At least the three C:\Cygwin lines must be present.

if not, you must create them manually with the commands:

mount -b -s C:\Cygwin /
mount -b -s C:\Cygwin\bin /usr/bin
mount -b -s C:\Cygwin\bin /usr/bin

The best way to do this is to start a cmd.exe , cd C:\Cygwin\bin

and then execute the commands.

After that Cygwin should start fine.

Another way to solve the problem is of course to re-install cygwin
with setup.exe. 

Michael Ring

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]