Subject: what is my mistake?!!!!!
From: "Mohammed Abdel'al" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:03:28 +0300

Hi all

I have got Cygwin 1.1.3 and installed it on my Win NT 4.0 server Service
pack 6a
I did in porpus of compiling pgsql 7.2
anyway it need compiling of cyg-ipc
I got the package titles cyg-ipc-1.0.5-tar.bz2

andf I uncompress it in my home dir. the README file says the make will do
the jop.
so i did the make
and everything was going smoth until we came to the ipc-daemon.exe stuff
I got a long list of errors I just catched the last line cuz cygwin does not
have the more function
here is the error msgs I got
<------ Error msgs start--------
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/strace.h:25:
syntax error before `{'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/strace.h:29:
conflicting types for `write'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/unistd.h:76:
previous declaration of `write'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/strace.h:30:
parse error before `:'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/strace.h:34:
parse error before `:'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/strace.h:37:
parse error before `}'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/sys/strace.h:64:
parse error before string constant
ipc-daemon.c: In function `main':
ipc-daemon.c:203: warning: passing arg 2 of `write' from incompatible
pointer type
ipc-daemon.c:219: warning: passing arg 2 of `write' from incompatible
pointer type
ipc-daemon.c:235: warning: passing arg 2 of `write' from incompatible
pointer type
make: *** [ipc-daemon.o] Error 1

administrator@PROXY ~/cygipc-1.05
$

what is my mistake?
or how can I fix this problem

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]