Subject: RE: libodbccp32.a
From: "Fifer, Eric" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:05:39 +0100

With the Cygwin Perl port I always find the #define WIN32
that comes from <windows.h> is always getting in the way
when porting/building Win32ish CPAN modules like DBD::ODBC
or Win32::OLE.

WIN32 is used by Perl for the native Win32 port, and
affects a lot of things, including the failure that
occurs with #include "win32.h".

Anyway, a #undef WIN32 shortly after the #include <windows.h>
usually does the trick.

In the case of DBD::ODBC the attached patch cleans up some
typos, removes the unnecessary -lodbccp32, adds #undef WIN32
and removes some obsolete stuff (including the README.cygwin).

It now builds cleanly and passes all tests.

Regards,

Eric Fifer

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]