Subject: Re: libodbccp32.a
From: "Neil Lunn" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:37:31 EST

>#ifdef WIN32
>#  include "win32.h"
>#endif
>
>That's "win32.h", not <win32.h>.  There's a file in
><perl-src>/win32/win32.h, which is probably copied up to the toplevel
>during a win32-native configure. (I'm just guessing here)

That's about right!

>
>The correct fix is probably to replace the #ifdef statement with:
>
>#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)
>

Agreed! or should win32.h copy in the perl build on cygwin? (read on)

>But the presence of that #include "win32.h" has never cause me any build
>trouble; it's odd that it would only cause difficulties when building
>DBD::ODBC but not other modules.
>
Bit of a guess, isn't this a perl guts thing when creating the bootstrap for 
the module?

The typedefs in sqltype.h require windows.h so this include needs to be 
added to build of DBD::ODBC (Thus in Makefile.PL). Remembering this is the 
windows native ODBC driver manager being used and not a cygwin native.

Thus #ifdef WIN32 get's true. Unless there's another way to do it!

Neil

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]