Subject: perl for cygwin 1.1.4?
From: Bob Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 17:41:03 -0700

I am trying to build perl 5.6.0 (including Eric Fifer's post-5.6.0
perl.cygwin.patch3) with the "latest" download as of 8/8/2000 (including
cygwin 1.1.4).  Despite trying various settings of CYGWIN and other
options, I always get the same problem.  The build succeeds until it
tries to run the newly-built perl binary, at which point I get a popup
window with the message: "The application failed to initialized properly
(0xc0000005).  Click on OK to terminate the application."

During the build, there were a number of warnings of the form:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol __cygwin_dll_entry@12;
defaulting to 69201000

(the default address varies)

Is this a known problem?  I haven't been able to find any reports of
successfully building Perl with cygwin 1.1.4.  If this is supposed to
work, I'd like to know what to try differently.

-- 
Bob Wilson                      Tel: (408) 327-7312
Tensilica, Inc.                 Fax: (408) 986-8919
3255-6 Scott Blvd.              email: [email-masked]
Santa Clara, CA 95054

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]