Subject: Re: Problems with Libtiff, Libpng
From: GRENON Richard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 17:35:33 +0200

Charles S. Wilson wrote :

>In the meantime, we'll keep having these dll conflicts;
>but it'll work itself out eventually as long as the
>maintainers of the external packages 'get the message'.
>"If your package has prerequisites, use the
>'official' package for that prereq if available;
>don't supply custom versions"

Thank you for your reply. No problem, I understand your first reaction,
it's soon holiday time and I keep cool. Once again I agree with you. Let
the maintainers of external packages get this message. It would avoid
them to receive so many times the same questions from beginners like me!

In the OpenDX case, no custom libpng.dll was included in the package so
it should use the Cygwin 'official' one. Could it be a problem for other
applications if I keep libpng-1.0.6 with my recent Cygwin 1.1.4 update
instead of latest libpng-1.0.8 ? Until now, I did only home work with
some simple fortran codes, OpenDX and an old personal Unix X11 graphic
code. Everything seems to work well (except some Win98 crashes with X11)
and as I am not on a network and don't need any Cygwin advanced feature
I would like to maintain this installation "as is" for a long time.

Richard

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA
 Departement d'Aerodynamique Appliquee - DAAP/ACI
 BP 72, 92322 CHATILLON CEDEX - FRANCE
 phone : +33 1 46 73 42 17
 fax   : +33 1 46 73 41 46
 mailto:[email-masked]
 http://www.onera.fr

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]