Subject: Re: _ctype_ not found in cygwin1.dll
From: Andre Bleau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:44:00 -0400

After I upgraded to Cygwin 1.1.x I had the same problem while linking with 
a library I compiled under Cygwin B20.1. Some function inside the library 
was including <ctype.h> for the use of isupper, islower... These are macros 
using a
global variable of the cygwin library named _ctype_ whose declaration in 
ctype.h has changed between B20.1 and 1.1.x to now include the 
__declspec(dllimport) attribute. You will have to recompile the modules of 
your libmysqlclient.a that include <ctype.h>.

Hope this helps.

>Hi all,
>
>this is sort of a follow-up to my previous problem (accept() fails if
>I run my app as service, but succeeds if I run it standalone).
>
>I found out that my app does run fine as a server on a different B20.1
>installation. So I figured that my CygWin setup may be screwed up and
>started from scratch. I upgraded to the latest net release and rebuilt
>my app completely (except for libmysqlclient.a: This was compiled with
>B20.1, and I could not yet figure out how to compile it on 1.1.4).
>
>Now I face a different problem. My app again runs just fine as
>standalone, but when I try to start it as a service (using
>invkr153.zip) I get:
>
>"The procedure entry point _ctype_ could not be located in the dynamic
>link library cygwin1.dll"
>
>What is this trying to tell me? Any help will be greatly
>appreciated. cygcheck is attached below.
>
>Markus

André Bleau, ing., analyste
[email-masked]

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]