Subject: Re: libodbccp32.a
From: "Neil Lunn" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 17:58:51 EST

>It's not the 'newest binutils prerelease' anymore -- it's the newest
>official cygwin release of binutils: binutils-20000722-1.
>
>To link, add these flags: '-L/cygdrive/<SYSTEMDRIVE>/WINNT/system
>-lodbccp32'
>
>Hope it works.
>
>--Chuck

It wouldn't appear to be working!

I tried this out with trying to build the DBD::ODBC extention for Perl. 
After numerous hacks at the Makefile.PL (missing reference to windows.h) and 
even perl.h (scary, no cygwin! and a reference to win32.h that doesn't 
exist) I just get the great big list of undefined symbols.

Chuck, have you tried this and had better luck. Be good to get this to work. 
Makefiles and DOCS for DBD::ODBC could do with a cleanup.

Neil

mkdir blib
mkdir blib/lib
mkdir blib/lib/DBD
mkdir blib/arch
mkdir blib/arch/auto
mkdir blib/arch/auto/DBD
mkdir blib/arch/auto/DBD/ODBC
mkdir blib/lib/auto
mkdir blib/lib/auto/DBD
mkdir blib/lib/auto/DBD/ODBC
mkdir blib/man3
cp ODBC.pm blib/lib/DBD/ODBC.pm
/usr/local/bin/perl -p -e "s/~DRIVER~/ODBC/g" < 
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/cygwin/auto/DBI/Driver.xst > ODBC.xsi
/usr/local/bin/perl -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin 
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp  
-typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/typemap ODBC.xs > ODBC.xsc && 
mv ODBC.xsc ODBC.c
gcc -c -I. -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/cygwin/auto/DBI 
-fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O     
-DVERSION=\"0.28\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.28\"  
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE  ODBC.c
gcc -c -I. -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/cygwin/auto/DBI 
-fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O     
-DVERSION=\"0.28\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.28\"  
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE  dbdimp.c
Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::ODBC ()
chmod 644 ODBC.bs
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib" ld2 -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/ODBC/ODBC.dll  
-L/usr/local/lib ODBC.o dbdimp.o -lodbc32 -L/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32 
-lodbccp32  /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/libperl5_6_0.a -lodbc32
dllwrap --dllname ODBC.dll --driver-name gcc --dlltool dlltool 
--export-all-symbols --as as --output-def libODBC.def --output-lib libODBC.a 
\
-L/usr/local/lib ODBC.o dbdimp.o -lodbc32 -L/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32 
-lodbccp32 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/libperl5_6_0.a -lodbc32
dllwrap: no export definition file provided
dllwrap: creating one, but that may not be what you want
ODBC.o(.text+0x3800):ODBC.c: undefined reference to `SQLGetFunctions@12'
ODBC.o(.text+0x39ce):ODBC.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocEnv@4'
ODBC.o(.text+0x3a5d):ODBC.c: undefined reference to `SQLDataSources@32'
ODBC.o(.text+0x3ad3):ODBC.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeEnv@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x15c):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1a4):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLRowCount@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x524):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocEnv@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x567):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocConnect@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x59c):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeEnv@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x60e):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLDriverConnect@32'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x658):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLError@32'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x701):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLConnect@28'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x730):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeConnect@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x749):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeEnv@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x76b):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLSetConnectOption@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x79a):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeConnect@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x7b3):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeEnv@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x8c3):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLDisconnect@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x8ee):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeConnect@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x90d):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeEnv@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x94f):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLTransact@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x9af):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLTransact@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0xe22):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLError@32'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x14c7):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1566):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLTables@36'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x15d6):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1675):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x16ca):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLPrepare@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x16f4):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1d4b):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLNumResultCols@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1eb2):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLDescribeCol@36'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1ef9):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLColAttributes@28'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x1f2d):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLColAttributes@28'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x2166):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLDescribeCol@36'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x21cf):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLBindCol@24'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x235d):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLExecute@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x2378):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLParamData@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x23cd):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLPutData@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x240b):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLRowCount@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x269b):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFetch@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x26f9):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLGetFunctions@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x274d):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLMoreResults@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x2ace):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x2ba2):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x2f89):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLDescribeParam@24'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x314a):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLBindParameter@40'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x366d):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLGetData@24'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x394c):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLSetConnectOption@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x3aec):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLGetConnectOption@12'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x401f):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLGetCursorName@16'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x422d):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLGetInfo@20'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4419):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4487):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLStatistics@36'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4579):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x45e0):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLPrimaryKeys@28'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x46dd):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4757):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLSpecialColumns@40'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4859):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x490c):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLForeignKeys@52'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x49a2):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLDescribeCol@36'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4a5b):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4aeb):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLGetTypeInfo@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4b2a):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4ba5):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLCancel@4'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4d86):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to 
`SQLColAttributes@28'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x4fd0):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLAllocStmt@8'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x5140):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLColumns@36'
dbdimp.o(.text+0x51d6):dbdimp.c: undefined reference to `SQLFreeStmt@8'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(_cygwin_crt0_common.o)(.text+0xde):_cygwin_crt0_common.cc: 
undefined reference to `GetModuleHandleA@4'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
perlld: *** system() failed to execute
dllwrap --dllname ODBC.dll --driver-name gcc --dlltool dlltool 
--export-all-symbols --as as --output-def libODBC.def --output-lib libODBC.a 
\
-L/usr/local/lib ODBC.o dbdimp.o -lodbc32 -L/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32 
-lodbccp32 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/libperl5_6_0.a -lodbc32

make: *** [blib/arch/auto/DBD/ODBC/ODBC.dll] Error 1

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]