Subject: Re: Lyx/corrupted shared regions
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:17:50 -0400

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 04:27:29PM +0200, Peter Bienstman wrote:
>I have troubles running Lyx. When I start it, I get the following error
>message:
>
>C:\usr\local\lyx\bin>runlyx.bat
>"Starting LyX/Win32 ..."
>C:\usr\local\lyx\external\sh.exe: *** shared region is corrupted.  inited
>140 [main] ? 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 0, pinfo_mutex 0xFFFFFFFF, Win32
>error 6
>
>Digging through the mailing lists revealed that these errors are usually due
>to multiple copies of the dll's. However, running cygcheck, I found out that
>there is only one set of dll's, but that they are found twice, once under
>the dos-path c:\bin, and once under the posix path \bin.

The error isn't usually due to multiple copies of the DLL.  It is *always*
due to this.  I'd search your whole system for cygwin1.dll.  There is
undoubtedly an older one lurking around somewhere.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]