Subject: Re: Some comment about Cygwin1.1.4
From: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:35:17 -0700

DJ Delorie wrote:
> 
> > echo $BASH_VERSION ?
> 
> No, because if you run sh from bash, it may inherit that environment
> variable.

By default, it should not be exported, but a user could export it
themselves.

How about a double check of RANDOM?  If it gets exported, the inherited
value in (a)sh appears to be constant, while in bash it changes with
each access.  The only problem I can see with this is that a user could
unset RANDOM, then make a new variable with that name, but which will
not have the special feature.  I would think that this is rare enough to
maybe be ignored?

-- 
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]